Careers with NHS of New HavenExplore opportunities to join our talented and dedicated team.
We work together to deliver community-focused programs and services in the Greater New Haven area that position neighborhoods to succeed.
Our organization focuses on increasing homeownership; providing pre- and post-purchase homebuyer education and financial education; making homes beautiful, energy-efficient, and affordable; and helping residents take charge of their neighborhoods.
Homeownership Coordinator/Senior Housing Specialist
- Provide credit coaching, budgeting /debt elimination strategies, and information about Fair Housing, and the home buying process, equipping prospective homebuyers to become successful homeowners.
- Provide mortgage delinquency /foreclosure intervention/prevention counseling and information on lender, state and federal options available to assist existing homeowners struggling to make their mortgage payments.
- Facilitate Homebuyer Education, Landlord Training and Money Management Boot Camps for community residents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College Degree B.A. / B.S.
- Understanding of mortgage products and underwriting (lending background)
- Previous work in corporate, banking or non-profit industries
- Background in education/facilitation/curriculum development
Skill Sets Required:
- Strong facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Sound understanding of the Credit and Mortgage Industries
- Solid Budgeting Skills
- Strong Writing Skills
- Motivating personality
- Desire to work with community residents
- Quick Learner
- Attention to Detail