Under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, Connecticut has been awarded approximately $123 million to establish MyHomeCT, a program funded by the Homeowner Assistance Fund.
Administered by the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA)

The goal of MyHomeCT is to provide assistance to eligible CT homeowners who have experienced a COVID-19-related financial hardship. The assistance is meant to cure and/or prevent mortgage and housing-related delinquencies and foreclosure.

For more information, talk to a housing specialist about this program today!

TEL: 203-777-6925


Qualified expenses under this program include:

  • Mortgage delinquencies/payment assistance. Deferred payments that are interest-bearing may be considered an eligible expense.
  • Non-escrowed real estate taxes
  • Condominium and/or homeowners’ association fees or special assessments
  • Non-escrowed homeowners’ insurance and flood insurance
  • Water and sewer liens
  • Ground lease or lot payments
  • Fees that were advanced by the loan servicer on behalf of an applicant with a reverse mortgage

Assistance can be made in the form of a one-time reinstatement, ongoing forward payments (for a maximum of 12 months), or a combination of both not to exceed the program’s maximum of $50,000.

Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the MyHomeCT program on topics such as eligibility, the application process, and funding/payment.


To be eligible, you must satisfy all of the following requirements:

  • Applicant must live in the state of Connecticut and occupy the property as their primary residence.
  • Applicant/household member must have experienced a COVID-19 related financial hardship after January 21, 2020, or experienced a financial hardship before January 21, 2020, which was then exacerbated by the pandemic. Assistance for a delinquency prior to January 21, 2020, is capped to three months.
  • Property must be an owner-occupied 1-to-4 unit house, condominium, townhouse, or manufactured home.
  • Household income must be equal to or less than 150% area median income (AMI), adjusted for household size.
  • Homeowner must seek assistance for first priority liens only.
  • Homeowners applying for mortgage assistance must have a mortgage that had a principal balance at or below the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at time of origination.

Homeowners can apply for MyHomeCT by visiting

  • The application is accessible on a computer/laptop, Smartphone and iPad/tablet.
  • Paper applications (English and Spanish) will be available to homeowners who do not have access to technology. A paper application can be printed from, picked up from CHFA or a Resource Center. Completed applications can be mailed or dropped off at CHFA’s office or at a Resource Center.
  • Homeowners can contact a MyHomeCT Resource Center who can provide assistance in completing the application and/or uploading documentation.


What to know about MyHomeCT
What to know about MyHomeCT