250 Sherman Avenue
Built in 1901 for William T. Barnum and his family, 250 Sherman Avenue stands out as a notable example of early Colonial Revival architecture. After Barnum left the property in the late 1920s, the mansion was converted into a boarding house. As the decades passed the home fell into disrepair. In 1998 NHS acquired and restored 250 Sherman; giving it a new chapter and returning the property to its grandeur and elegance.