Browse reports and resources that influence and demonstrate the way we work.
Annual Reports |Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven|
Strategic Planning Documents |Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven|
Publications |Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven|
- New Haven Land Trust's Garden Committe. "Community Garden Handbook 2016." New Haven, Connecticut. April 2016. Print/Web.
- "2013 Resident Experience in the Community Report." July 2014. Print/Web.
- Beltran, Daniella, Kim Ochilo and Kimberly Langin. "Ivy Street Community Garden Greenhouse Manual." New Haven, Connecticut. May 2014. Print/Web.
- Ksiazek, Karolina and Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven. "An Analysis of Block Conditions in New Haven's Newhallville Neighborhood: Preliminary Data and Directions for Further Inquiry." Civic Art: Intro to Urban Design. Yale University. New Haven. 7 May 2013. Print/Web.
- Katz, Peter. "Neighborhood Marketing Program: Newhallville, Follow-up Report." 30 September 2013. Print/Web.
- Katz, Peter. "Neighborhood Marketing Program: Newhallville." 17 January 2013. Print.
- "Crime Prevention through Environmental Design and Safe Growth Training." Preliminary Draft Report. 26 November 2012. Print.
- Wolf-Sorokin, Jacob. "Neighborhood Grocery Stores in Newhallville: A Location and Facade Base Analysis." Fall 2012. Print/Web.
- Valentine, Taylor. "Community Stabilization Program for Fiscal Year 2012." 31 July 2012. Print/Web.
- Gass, Anne B. "Responsible Approaches to Neighborhood Stabilization" 2009. Web.
- "Holistic Stabilization through Revitalization Demonstration Projects." 2009. Web.
Planning Documents |City and State|
- Vincitorio, Alec. "Newhallville Vacant and City Owned Property." City of New Haven: Office of Information Technology. 21 July 2014. Print.
- "Comprehensive Plan Update." City of New Haven, June 2013. Web.
- "Conservation and Development Policies: The Plan for Connecticut 2013-2018." State of Connecticut: Office of Policy and Management, 1 January 2013. Web.
- "Comprehensive Plan of Development." City of New Haven, 15 October 2003. Web.
Relevant Resources to Our Work
- David Sepulveda. "4 New Public Murals Enlivening City". New Haven Independent. 23 September 2016. Web
- David Sepulveda. "Through Teamwork, A New Park Is Born". New Haven Independent. 25 April 2016. Web
- Joshua Wyrtzen. "There's No Place Like Home". See Click Fix Blog. June 2016. Web.
- Greene, Ann, Carley Riley, Brita Roy, Jerry Smart, Teresa Smith Hines, Sharon Taylor, Pina Violano, and Emily Wang. "Using the Framework of Community Resilience to Mitigate Gun Violence." Institute of Medicine. 18 December 2014. Web.
- Branas, Charles C., Rose A. Cheney, John M. Macdonald, Vicky W. Tam, Tara D. Jackson, and Thomas R. Ten Have. "A Difference-in-Differences Analysis of Health, Safety, and Greening Vacant Urban Space." American Journal of Epidemiology. 174 (2011): 1296-1306. Print/Web.
- Boehlke, David. "Great Neighborhoods, Great City: The Healthy Neighborhoods Approach in Baltimore." Goldseker Foundation. Maryland. 2004. Print/Web.
- Katz, Peter and Vincent Scully. The New Urbanism: Toward an Architecture of Community. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994. 154-159. Print.
- Horton, Myles and Brenda Bell. We Made the Road by Walking: Conversations on Education and Social Change. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1990. Print.
- Domhoff, G. William. "Who Really Rules? New Haven and Community Power Reexamined." New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books. 169-185. 1978. Print/E-Book.